This Policy describes the information we collect from you, how we use that information and our legal basis for doing so. It also covers whether and how that information may be shared and your rights and choices regarding the information you provide to us.
Learn more about Web Analytics & Privacy.
Table of contents
Who we are
Matomo MFCDN.EU (Matomo was formerly known as Piwik) is a proprietary-driven service that collects statistical web browsing data for the Clients that have chosen MFCDN.EU as their technical partner. MFCDN is responsible of the hosting of the Matomo application, while the Client is responsible for the data collected.
Matomo is an open source project by the Matomo team members and they have no relation with the current MFCDN.EU server where this installation is hosted.
We will never sell your personal data to anyone.
What We Collect and Receive
- Usage data — when you visit the Client's website, we will store: the website from which you visited us from, the parts of our site you visit, the date and duration of your visit, your anonymised IP address, information from the device (device type, operating system, screen resolution, language, country you are located in, and web browser type) you used during your visit, and more. MFCDN.EU does not process this usage data, but this data is read and manually reviewed by the Client, which holds the rights above this data,for statistical purposes, to improve the Client's website and to recognize and stop any misuse.
- Cookies — MFCDN.EU installs some cookies (small data files transferred onto computers or devices by sites) for record-keeping purposes and to enhance functionality on the statistical environment. You may deactivate or restrict the transmission of cookies by changing the settings of your web browser. Cookies that are already stored may be deleted at any time.
What We do to be GDPR Compliant
Matomo MFCDN.EU collects data on the behalf of our Clients, that have installed our code snippet into their website. While the responsibility of hosting this Matomo installation is on behalf of MFCDN.EU, the responsible of the data collected is the Client's website, so please refer to the Client's website for reference.
Anyway, to fully protect our Client's interests, and to protect the privacy of the browsers of the people that visit our Client's website, Matomo MFCDN.EU does apply these extra regulations on the data collected:
- We do automatically Anonymize Visitor IPs
- We do delete Old Visitors Logs
- We do provide you an opt-out functionality in this page or in opt-out link
- We do respect DoNotTrack Browser preference (refer here for info)
You have the right to be informed of Personal Data processed by Matomo MFCDN.EU, a right to rectification/correction, erasure and restriction of processing. As Matomo MFCDN.EU does not collect sensitive data, but only statistical data that is absolutely anonym, it is impossible to ask us a structured, common and machine-readable format of Personal Data, because we simply does not handle that type of data.
Matomo MFCDN.EU cannot identify you by any means. We cannot provide, rectify or delete any data that we store on behalf of our Clients.
Third party services we use
We do not use any third party service to provide the Client ability to collect statistical data on their behalf on their website. This installation of Matomo is standalone and does not use any extra service to provide its functionality.
Retention of data
We will retain your information as long as the partnership with our Client remains active, and as necessary to provide our Client with the services or as otherwise set forth in this Policy. We will also retain and use this information as necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy and to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements and protect MFCDN Matomo’s legal rights.
This installation of Matomo, as stated above, collects and maintain aggregated, anonymized or pseudonymized information on the behalf of our Client, which we may retain indefinitely to protect the safety and security of the Client's WebSite, improve our Services or comply with legal obligations.
Opt-out of website tracking
By opting out, you will instruct your browser not to respond to any request regarding the ability of Matomo MFCDN to collect your web browsing data while visiting our Client's website. By opting out, no more data will be collected by your browsing on our Client's websites.
You can opt out of being tracked by Matomo MFCDN.EU Analytics instance below, or by visiting opt-out link: